installing double-pane windows: double-sided tape separating from window or window-frame

Recently, we had a few double-pane windows replaced by the window manufacturer.
They used double-sided tape to keep the windows in place within the plastic frames.
Issue: For all of the windows they installed, there are areas of the double-sided tape that have separated from the window or from the window-frame. The issue ranges from 5% of the tape to 100% of the tape.
Question: Does anyone who has any experience with this subject know whether or not this is an acceptable solution?
Meaning, is it normal to have areas of the double-sided tape separate from the window or the window-frame? Is 5% separation acceptable?
I have one window that where all of the tape has failed, and the window manufacturer is coming in next week to re-tape it. For all of the other windows, I'm going to ask that they retape them, but I just want to check to make sure I'm being reasonable ;)
Im sure it is not the way they were originaly done.