Installing dishwasher

Im installing a built in dishwasher. I want to know if I should put the waste water outlet before or after the U trap.
Thanks
usually it goes into a port on the garbage disposal. if you don't have one, it goes on the sink side of the trap.

I dont have a Garbage disposal. So On the sink side that explains it. Thanks.
Yes, on the sink side. If you put it after the U trap, it will suck down the water in the trap, and the trap now being dry you will get sewer odours out of your sink.

They Make a tail piece with a tee for a dishwasher (or hose connection)

Umm, this might sound offensive, but I really don't mean it that way: You're installing a dishwasher, and you didn't get any installation papers with it? Got it cheap somehow? Fell off the back of a truck? Is it one of the recalled groups of washers? Do you know whether the drain hose has to be higher than or lower than a specific part of the dishwasher? Do you T it or Y it into the drain? And so on?
From the sound of this question and obvious lack of paperwork that came with it, I applaud your ambition to install it, but you need to know a few more things than connecting power and water to it.
Here's a place to start: http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/kitchen/dishwasher/install/new1.htm and also: http://www.hometips.com/articles/dishwasher.html
but there are hundreds more waiting for you at google.com if that's not enough.
HTH, Pop