Installing closet door track over laminate?

I need some advise for securing closet door tracks to a laminate floor. For the upstairs I can drill through the laminate and install the tracks with screws. Downstairs the laminate is installed over a concrete slab. I'm not really sure what the best way is to secure the tracks. Should I drill through the laminate and into the concrete for some tapcons or similar? Can I just glue the track to the laminate with some construction adhesive? Any ideas?
But if you use screws, then the laminate is fixed to the floor underneath, which I thought was a no-no. Aren't laminate floors supposed to "float?"
MB
On 04/26/04 02:27 am David Alexander put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:06:47 -0400, Minnie Bannister

If the floor is attached in a single point (roughly) there shouldn't be much problem as you're not constricting it from moving out in all directions. If it were a problem I could always drill an oversized hole through the laminate, say 1/2" or so, and then drive the screw into the subfloor through the middle. That way the floor can "float" a little without hinderance.
David Alexander wrote:

Myself, I'd screw into the slab.