Installing circuits in the basement.

Page 2 of 2

*If you are feeding the circuits with a three wire cable which share the neutral, you must have the hot wires on opposite phases. If you are using two 2 conductor cables you can put the cables on whatever phases that you want. Ideally you want to balance the load as best as possible so that each phase has the same amount of current flowing through it.
I'd want the sockets on different legs. It's not common, but I know of at least two cases where one leg was cold. One time was AM, when we were about to start church services, and half the stuff didn't work. Another was after an ice storm. I was asked about supplying power to a guy's furnace. The furnace was on the cold leg, as the power co was going about restoring power.
I don't think the capacitance bit is a big issue.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It's not even a small issue. It's a non-issue.
You're dealing with very low-frequency AC here, which would require massive values of capacitance (many many microfarads) for there to be any measurable effect.
--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

Put your added breakers wherever convenient in the panel. Usually I add a new breakers at the topmost location, maybe looks neater that way (?)