Installing circuits in the basement.

Actually, turns out I had this one bookmarked, I'd just forgotten about it:

Something of a convoluted history at the very least. I think I'd go by the IUPAC standardization, I think, which makes 'aluminum' correct in the US less than 100 years ago.

:-) But given how many Chinese there are in the world...

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Now that's the strange thing - I really haven't noticed. Maybe that's from growing up in a crowded island where folk are always bumping into a huge variety of strong accents, much more so than people typically do in the US due to the size.

I'm finding it harder to differentiate between a 'mild' US accent and a 'mild' UK one these days. My wife (who was born in the US) sometimes points out that someone's from 'my side of the Pond' and I really hadn't noticed :-)

Heh :) I really cannot shake using 'whilst'. I try, but it's one of those words that just won't go away; I'll be typing something or saying something and kinda think "I should use while here" - but it just sounds wrong somehow. There are times when 'while' is right and times when 'whilst' is right, but I couldn't tell you for sure what sets the rules... it's a subtle thing, I guess.

I'm not sure there - I think I've heard all three in England. Certainly those old black taxis seen in quaint old British movies set in London would have been referred to as "black cabs" and "London taxis" in equal measure when I was a kid. The use of "cab" has probably died out a bit over there now, though.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

I believe that most (?all?) the exceptions are old names that were in use long before anyone knew what an "element" was.

============== Thanks for the reference Jules - interesting.

Reply to
bud--

Put your added breakers wherever convenient in the panel. Usually I add a new breakers at the topmost location, maybe looks neater that way (?)

Reply to
Phisherman