installing bath from scratch

My house has an upstairs bath and nothing downstairs. i would like to install a 2 pc bath in the laudry room off the kitchen. house is about

60 yrs old, has a foundation but no basement, and possibly a small crawl space underneath (not sure). Soil stack is about 20-25 ft away from laundry area. how do i go about tapping into this stack to add drains and the like for a new bath? What is involved and should I just call a plumber?
Reply to
Frank

Call the plumber to help you design this space. You can NOT simply tie into the existing stack without providing venting arrangements for the new fixtures. He can show you where runs will need to be placed so that you can plan framing requirements. Pay him well for this service; it will be worth it...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Consider using the plumber for all the waste work. You can do the supply work yourself.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob