Installing an interior French drain, cutting the concrete.

I am about ready to rent a gas powered concrete saw (walk behind) so that I can start the process of installing an interior French drain.
How deep or what fraction of the concrete slab should I cut?
If I go deeper the job of cutting will take longer but I'm guessing the breakup of the concrete will go faster (will rent concrete breaker).
Is there good reason not to cut all the way through? Would the new concrete "key" better if some of the old concrete slab juncture is broken and not sawed smooth?
Basement has a perimeter of 150 feet, will do all of it. Which concrete breaker would you rent.
    65 pound electric breaker for 83.95/day
    185 CFM diesel powered air compressor with choice of 30, 60, or 80 pound breaker for 154.95/day
Thank you for any advice.