Installing a shower faucet

Just bought a new Delta 2-valve unit for the shower stall I'm putting in the basement. I notice that there is no way of mounting it solidly. There are two chrome screw-in eschucheons (sp?) that hold the front handles to the wall, but behind the wall, the unit seems to be made to just "hang" in empty space suspended only by the two feed lines, which in my case come from up above.
Seems like poor engineering to me. When I opened up the package, I was hoping to find that the main valve had some holes tapped in the backside so that I could put a wooden support board directly behind it and screw it to that for solidity.
As it is, it looks like I will just have to make sure that the feed lines are strong and anchored, and maybe use some nylon ties to hold the valve to an iron bar or something like that.
Fortunately, the entire backside of the stall is open to me so if anybody has a better way of doing this, please let me know. Or, am I missing something?
46erjoe wrote:

Put some good pipe supports very close to the valve assembly.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Very surprised if there isn't some sort of hole in the valve assemble that you would run screws thru into a backing board put between the studs. If not. then put a 2x4 an inch or so above and below the valve and use pipe strap to secure it snug.

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 04:15:41 GMT, "mwlogs"

Sounds like the best option. Nope ... no mounting holes. I thought about drilling some into the brass and tapping the holes, but then that would invalidate the warranty I'm sure.