Installing a pan, with water heater in place.

Hello everyone,
I was reading up about DIY stuff that can help save big bucks later. I was told that a pan around your water heater can help alert you to failures with a water alarm.
Ok, my problem, I remember seeing a while back on TV a way to install a wall, and using sealants, create a pan using the floor around a water heater already installed. I've looked for this 'kit' and haven't been successful.
If I remember right, it would be a long strip of rubber, a coupling for the ends together, and a tube of sealant.
Any help is much appreciated.
thank you,
tom
Tom The Great wrote:

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth given that you only need to lift the heater perhaps 3" to get a full pan under it and the fact that they don't weigh much when drained.
Pete C.
Tom,
This was shown on the "DIY" network a few months ago. It is hosted by a guy known as "...? the Plumber". I can't remember his first name. You may be able to visit there web site for more info.

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:47:53 -0400, "Craven Morehead"

Ah "Ed the Plumber" I'm looking now.
THanks!!!
tom