Installing a pan, with water heater in place.

Hello everyone,

I was reading up about DIY stuff that can help save big bucks later. I was told that a pan around your water heater can help alert you to failures with a water alarm.

Ok, my problem, I remember seeing a while back on TV a way to install a wall, and using sealants, create a pan using the floor around a water heater already installed. I've looked for this 'kit' and haven't been successful.

If I remember right, it would be a long strip of rubber, a coupling for the ends together, and a tube of sealant.

Any help is much appreciated.

thank you,

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth given that you only need to lift the heater perhaps 3" to get a full pan under it and the fact that they don't weigh much when drained.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Tom,