Installing a new ceiling light

I have a little problem that I hope someone out there can help me with. I recently tried ot install a new ceiling light in a bedroom. During the process of taking down the old light, I mixed up the wires so that I do not know which ones to connect. There are three set of wires (A, B, and C). Also important is that another bedroom's electricity (at least for it's light) is dependent upon the correct hookup in the first room. I've tried many different arrangements and got varying results but none have worked entirely. Through the process of elimination I believe that I have at least figured out which set of wires are responsible for each location. Here's what I have:
Set A (black and white)... the electrical source
Set B (black and white)... I believe that this is associted with the wall switch for the light that I am trying to install
Set C (black and white)... These are associated with the second bedroom
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, DMills
On 8 Feb 2004 13:47:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (DMills) wrote:

----B-------o------o o---- A Source | | | LIGHT ----W-------|--o---|--|---- | | | | ----B-------|--|---o | B SW | | | ----W-------|--|------o | | ----B-------o | C 2nd BDR | ----W----------o
I hope my ASCII drawing is adequate.
o is a connection
-|- crosses over, no connection
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Hi David,
If your wiring guesses are correct......
Wirenut: "A" Black, "B" Black and "C" Black together. Wirenut: "A" White, "C" White and the "ceiling light" White Wirenut: "B" White (which is carrying your switched Black) to the "Ceiling Light" Black
On 08 Feb 2004, Brian V wrote:

And PLEASE take that "B" white wire dropping down to the switch and either wrap a turn of electrical tape around it on each end (the end at the switch too) or take a black Sharpie (permanent) and draw a 1/2" band on it at each end. It should hae been marked that way in the first place, you shouldn't have had to guess/test what pair was going to the switch.
--
If u want the races for free,