Installing a marine radio in a house?

Hi all:
I am looking for advice on installing a marine radio in a house. Why, you ask? Well, i want to be able to have a keypad that controls the radio (XM) from inside my shower. Marine radios from Jensen for example have such waterproof keypads that are perfect for such an install. I know there are home-based control pads for home stereos, but none I can find are waterproof (and no I don't want to turn it on before I enter the shower and just leave it there - I'm a channel flipper :)
I know a lot about household electronic equipment, having installed many different electronic and electrical products in my house, but I know next to nothing about car or marine radio installs. My one experience with it was looking at the back of a car radio I had purchased and being amazed by just how many different wires there were for such a simple product. Of course, this was many years ago, so maybe things have been simplified.
Anyone know anything about this and give me some advice on what additional components I will need to make this work? I'm guessing a transformer of some sort for the power, and I'm guessing that the speakers and wired remote I can deduce from the manual, but am I missing something else?
Thanks in advance for any help.
preset scan is the feature i like on the car radio [terrestrial] if you are seeking a conventional stereo radio with a conventional remote. there's a sony shower radio water resistant am/fm. there are ziploc bags; and rf transmitters that come with some tv's. i searched crutchfield and found Sony CDX-F50M http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7Ou2EPHn9b5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=boat+radio&i 8CDXF50M or Pioneer CD-MR80 Marine Remote Control and you can use a 110vac to 12vdc adapter.
Actor123 wrote:

buffalobill wrote:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7Ou2EPHn9b5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=boat+radio&i 8CDXF50M
If you order something from Crutchfield, they will send you more information than you will ever need to get it installed. Wiring diagrams, wiring harnesses, mouting brackets, free telephone support (with people who actually know what they are talking about), it all comes with a purchase. You can't go wrong with them.
You will need more than a transformer, as this radio, I assume is DC probably 12 volts. You will need a good rectifier/filter system to provide clean power for the radio.