Installing a bathroom exhaust fan with plaster ceiling

Hello,
My parents house has plaster and lath for all the walls and ceilings. It is a ranch, with no crawl space. Under normal circumstances using drywall, I know how to pull the wiring and install the fan. My concern is what to do with the plaster ceiling and how to route the exhaust and wiring with no crawl space to navigate.
Am I stuck ripping out the ceiling?
TIA for any advice.
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
in article snipped-for-privacy@news-server.wi.rr.com, Rick Chamberlain at snipped-for-privacy@SPOTwi.rr.com wrote on 1/26/04 6:33 PM:

i just replaced two. first get a panasonic, i got mine from the williams(www.rewci.com/panfv07whisf.html). one i could get into the attic the second i had to cut the ceiling do to the slope and my fat ass. i used metal duct 4 inch and ran them to the soffit out side. cut out the soffit enough so both extended a little past it. someone else can answer the electric question, mine was a replacement. used a sawzall with a metal blade for small teeth. just make sure you empty the fan outside the house not in the attic. if the bath is on the out side wall you could mount it high in the wall and directly outside.