Installing a 110 volt 20 amp hot tub spa GFCI questions

Page 2 of 2
Ok, update. I got the spa setup, but when I try to run the heater, the gfci trips. I can run the pump fine, but when I turn the pump off and turn the heater up, it shuts off the GFCI instantly. Bad heater element? Any ideas? Thanks
Mine does the same thing, I'm going to run a separate designated 20 amp lin e from the breaker box to see if that solves the problem. The instructions manual says designated 20 amp line not a shared 20 amp line. It did ran fin e when I removed the GFI breaker and put in a regular 20 amp breaker. But t hat is not the proper or Safeway to run the hot tub, so that is why I'm goi ng to run the designated 20 amp line to the hot tub to see if all my proble ms will go away. Good luck with yours
It happens that snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com formulated :

ITYM dedicated.
On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 6:32:35 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

s manual says designated 20 amp line not a shared 20 amp line. It did ran f ine when I removed the GFI breaker and put in a regular 20 amp breaker. But that is not the proper or Safeway to run the hot tub, so that is why I'm g oing to run the designated 20 amp line to the hot tub to see if all my prob lems will go away. Good luck with yours
It's tripping because of something going on with the SPA heater circuit and whether something else is on the circuit or not isn't your problem. I assume you also disconnected any other load on that circuit. They tell you it needs a dedicated 20A circuit because those 120V spas take just about all of 20A. Really it needs a 240V circuit to work right, ie heat up quickly, be able to run the heater and pump on high, etc. But people like to buy the 120V ones because they think they can just plug them in. When you need a 120V dedicated circuit anyway, might as well make it a 240A, 40A and have a spa that works right.