Installing 5-2 progrmmable Honeywell thermostat

My HVAC system has a C wire and so does my old Honeywell non programmable digitial thermostat. In order to save some money I bought a Programmable 5-2 day programmable thermostat (Honeywell). This thermostat does not have a position for the C wire (The other positions are Rh, Rc(connected by jumper to Rh), W, Y, G and it matches with the new one)
The question is - can I leave the C wire unconnected?
If yes, what are the pitfalls of doing so
Thanks
The thermostat doesn't use a common. No pitfalls

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:29:05 -0400, "RBM" <rbm2(remove
I learned that if you don't connect the C wire, it will detonate, usually in 10 hours.
I learned this watching "24".