Installers cost more than quote

I use an installer from HD to put in a large slider. Afterward I read about energy rebates that are available. However, the required certificates (NFRC, Energy Star, E4)had been removed from the slider. Fortunately, my gas company will accept copies of the Andersen catalog and my order from HD as proof that I had the required window installed. I'm not sure what will happen with the rebate from my tax return.

Reply to
Stubby

Talk to your accountant.

IMHO, i've found many agencies are gladd to see receipts and product codes, since you can just rip off those certs from products still in the store. :D

just guessing...

tom @

Tom The Great

Receipts and product codes would be fine if they were keyed to the serial number on the individual unit. I'd like to know who cashed the energy-saving stickers from the window I purchased.

Reply to
Stubby

Hey no confessions from me, I haven't installed any windows lately. :)

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great

The IRS would be the least of my worries. You don't need to send them certificates or proof of anything unless they actually audited the return or questioned the deduction. For the amount of some doors, this is extremely unlikely to ever happen. And if it does, you can substantiate that you bought them and exactly what they were from the receipt, catalogue, owner's manual, etc. which would satisy any auditor.

Reply to
trader4