Installation of a Ductless Mini-Split System?

Page 4 of 5

What's the model number?
One of them is : LMU240CE

Directly from their installations instructions...
"Use outdoor and waterproof connection cable rated more than 300V for the connection between indoor and outdoor unit. (For example, Type SJO-WA)"
That's not standard 18/4 thermostat wire! That's one of the reason's you need to hire a competent HVAC technician to install your mini-split system!
In my book, if it's under 600 volt, which is standard building wire, it's thermostat wire, waterproof or not

My point is that being a low voltage circuit to the blower unit makes it a simple installation, more so than having to run a line voltage and control circuit. It's still an 18/4 cable albeit not CL-2. Truth of the matter is the installation I saw was done by a large union "HVAC professional" company. The reason I post here is to try to give useful advice to homeowners and do-it-yourself folks that request it. I do this as a seasoned professional in my particular field, as do many others. Since your advice to folks seems to be to call a professional, why exactly do you post here?

RBM wrote:

Well RBM, since you mentioned it, posting to folks to use 18 ga. for this application is incorrect. I post *once in awhile* to help folks as well. I would not recommend that DIY's do air conditioning and refrigeration work, since it is hazardous. It can kill. That's why you don't usually find HVAC equipment available at your local Home DIY center. It is a silent killer if not properly installed. And yes, I have the training, the certificiations and the degrees. And yes, I'm in the trade. Have been for 36 years going strong.
And yes, people can get hurt if you choose to install a device that, utilizes inductive motors with windings that if not properly grounded can kill. Particularly with the presence of water. Particularly with under gauged wiring.
So if anyone's interested in a ductless unit, if you purchase and want to install the equipment youself - please by all means read the instructions, and when in doubt, call a professional.
--
Zyp

You must have missed the part in the wiring to the inside unit where it specifies using 18 gauge 4 conductor cable. Those aren't my specs, they're LGs

That doesn't mean you can use thermostat wiring.
That's the whole point.

Just what kind of BULLSHIT are you trying to pass here?
You come in here and asked a question about installing a mini-split system.
Now, you want us to believe that you're a seasoned professional????
LMAO
Yeah, and I bet you have some land in FL for sale, right?
The fact is, you want to install something which you don't have the training to do. You come in here and asked a question. You didn't get the answer you was looking for, then you try and side-step your shit and now act like a professional. Yet you want to disregard the manufacture's installation instructions. Sorry, that just doesn't fly.
You're just another dumb-ass homeowner that wants it done CHEAP!!!
Clearly, you're more confused than I thought. I'm not the OP

Well, fuck a duck. LOL :-)
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:49:02 -0500, kjpro wrote:

Nice job meheh heh heh. Hey wasn't it you accusing others in this very thread of not being able to read threads? Need some help getting that foot out of your mouth?
ROTFLMAO!

Do you see me arguing with his above facts?
Geez, you really need to get a clue, Dipshit!
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:27:03 -0500, kjpro wrote:

No way to argue your self out of a foot up the ass :)

Not as bad as you need www.911.clue
bwahahahah

Guess what, the real facts that are on-topic, is that the stat wire is still unacceptable by the manufacture.

Look who's talking, a walking Baboon. LOL
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:13:48 -0500, kjpro wrote:

The real facts is? I see English isn't your main language is it?

I have no doubt that any baboon could be trained to write far more lucent and coherent sentences that you would ever be capable of...heh

You're an incompetent troll.

Wow, you used the same word as I, Baboon. That was original... LOL
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:10:20 -0500, kjpro wrote:

Since I brought you reply back into context it makes even less sense you illiterate moron.

Let's see, you used these same words ( I, you, that) that I did, imbecile. Got something "original" to say? heh

You're asking if English is my first language, yet you post...
"Since I brought you reply back into context it makes even less sense you illiterate moron."
That's just too funny... LOL

You're as stupid as a rock.