Installation of a Ductless Mini-Split System?

Page 1 of 5
I want to install a ductless mini-split system in my garage/workshop, so I called one of the local HVAC companies to get a quote. I started to tell the girl who answered the phone what I wanted, and she said, "Oh, we don't install ductless mini-split systems." I asked her why, and she said she didn't know.
What I really need is someone to do the charging for me - I can do the physical installation. So how do I find somebody who's got the EPA certification?
--Steve

Why don't you call a couple of HVAC companies and locate one that will install them? That way, you'll have someone to complete the job and have a warranty to boot.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I agree, so should be able to find a HVAC company to install the system.
A couple of years ago I replaced one and I messed up by not reading the instructions.
On that system you had to insulate the liquid line because they used it as a metering device so the liquid line would sweat and it was dripping water inside the space. :-(
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Yep, they are a little different. :-)

as
The liquid line sweating would be more than a little different...
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

will
system.
water
Why? (All they did was move the metering device)

get
the
warranty
the
it
If it's liquid, it's not going to be sweating...
Obviously if it is sweating then it's already expanded to some degree.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

do
No shit...

You're a genius...
Now, I say again... the mini-splits are a little different. That FACT hasn't changed from the last time I posted it.

what
that
reading
used
I'm a genius and I can tell that you suffer from a recto-cranial inversion. How's that grab ya?
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

mini-split
can
got
dripping
inversion.
I see, most people do try and change the subject, when they are losing the current one.

the
degree.
the
No son, I didn't change the subject. I pointed out that your reply exhibited symptoms that conclusively demonstrate that your head is firmly up your ass. Pull it out, wipe the shit out of your eyes and look around a bit. Perhaps you'll realize that your opinions and statements aren't that wonderful. Then again, perhaps your aren't equiped to understand that.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

companies
they
The fact that you're not competent enough to understand my post, really doesn't account for anything.

phone
who's
one
different...
firmly
that
Son, you aren't even close to being qualified to assess my competency. You didn't even know why a liquid line sweating would be impossible and had to ask. I've already told you once but here it is again: it isn't liquid if it's sweating. It's already been expanded, e.g. it's gas.
No run on back to alt.hvac where your head-n-ass syndrome is accepted behavior.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Clark wrote:

Ok, I've waited long enough.
CLARK: You obviously [are NOT a GENIUS}. If you were, you would have listened closely to kjpro and learned.
Mini - splits are not that much different than most refrigeration units except that the moved the metering device from the indoor section to the outdoor section. Both lines are basically an extended evaporator and need to be insulated and insulated seperately. If you were a genius [you stated it as a fact] you would have know this. But it is YOU who has his head firmly planted where the sun don't shine!
The original poster is too cheap to have an HVAC person come, install and charge the system per Mfg.'s instruction. Most competent HVAC companies can't survive on labor charges alone, and need to sell products and services. [We have overhead costs that can not be supported by just labor income.] Besides, if the mini-split failes, the O.P. is going to expect the HVAC person to come out, diagnose the problem for free when there wasn't any profit left for a warranty.
So CLARK, go find some hairy hole and crawl back from where you came.
--
Zyp

If kjpro had a point I'd listen. He chose to insult me so he gets the education. Sorry but you really shouldn't butt in.

Ahem. Go back and read what I wrote. I already explained that a sweating line was post expansion and was therefore gas. Got it?

Don't tell me what to do, dumb ass.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

You started this whole mess, when you couldn't comprehend a simple statement. Go back and you'll see you posted to me first, ASSHOLE!!!!

Yes, you did. What do you hope to gain by telling lies?

Son you still don't get it do you? If it is sweating it is not a liquid line. Why do you insist on calling it one?
Now pull your head out of your anal orfice and admit that your terminology doesn't describe the physical system.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Then post it for all to see.... I won't be waiting, as I NEVER said that, Asshole!

Again, where did I say it was a LL on the mini-split?
Get a clue, Dipshit!

You better get some more training, your incompetence is showing.

my
the
ductless
for
somebody
and
by
some
cranial
aren't
competency.
and
Yes you did when you ask me why it was "different" for a liquid line to sweat. You can try to deny your lie all you want but it is there for all to see.

requires
with
terminology
Son, you are the one who doesn't even pay attention to what you type. On top of that you make vain attempts to "prove" your knowledge when it isn't even challenged. Now go back and read everything that has been written. You'll see that all I said was a liquid line couldn't sweat and that is true. You're the one trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

didn't
reply
is
isn't
accepted
that,
Oh my, PAY ATTENTION this time, Boy.
I stated, "Yep, they are a little different. :-)"
Then you posted, "The liquid line sweating would be more than a little different..."
Then I stated, "Why? (All they did was move the metering device)"
= = = = = Now here's where it gets a little difficult for mentally challenged people, so pay extra attention to the details.
I said they (mini-splits) were a little different (then regular residential splits). You come back and say the liquid line sweating is more than a little different.
Do you see it was YOU that stated it was still a LL and that it was sweating? Do you see where I then posted that they moved the metering device?
Can you understand that is a little different? Do you see anywhere, where I called it a LL? Most competent people are not having issues understanding this minor detail.

lines
Not true, you acted like a know-it-all that was out to prove me wrong. But in the process, you found out that I know my shit and that you were indeed in deep shit. Now you want to disclaim the fact that YOU were the one with your head up your ass.
Sorry Boy, that shit just doesn't cut the mustard.