Installation Costs For Modern Circuit Breaker Type Electrical Service Box ?

Hello:

Before contacting electical contractors, wanted to get a bit of a feel for the $ involved.

For a 40 year old "split-level" style house outside of Boston that still has the main incoming electrical servioce box type that uses fuses, believe it or not, what would be the very approximate cost to install a new modern circuit breaker type ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

"Robert11" wrote

I had a neighbor that wanted me to install a heatpump (to replace his 35 year old oil furnace) and I told him he needed to "up" his electrical panel. (He has the old screw-in fuses and the panel was only 100 amps). He had the panel replaced with a new Cutler Hammer and upgraded the panel to 200 amps. He told me the total was $1300. (that also included running the new wires for the heatpump)

Reply to
Red Neckerson