Install VCT over old concrete--what to use for patching holes?

I am redoing my laundy room in my basement, which has a slightly rough concrete floor. Previous asphalt tile was taken up and nearly all cut back (black) adhesive removed with it.

We had a few stubborn tiles to remove, though, and with my cold chisel, I made a few pock marks here and there in the floor. I don'r really want to go all out and use self-leveling compound on the whole floor--this room is not worth the effort, and the original tiles seem to have stuck pretty well for 40 years.

What's an easy-to-use patching material I can use on the floor to fill in these small depressions?

Reply to
WirelessNut

They make the usual dash-patch for patching and feathering out small areas in concrete floors. You can find it at the local home center. Although its a little late, could you have just put the VCT over the existing tile? Thats what I did in my basement. The old tile did not want to come up, and I think it was asbestos too, so I just laid the new tile over it.

Reply to
Mikepier