install new consumer unit??

Hi i have at the moment a very old fuse box with 8 fuses & no cover and with the fuses exposed ,touch and you would get a jolt, i accidently did once when i was flicking a switch on my other fuse box for the storage heaters so i want to make it safe . What i got is the mains coming from my key meter box to a 80A/240v RCCB (BS 4293) then into my antique fuse box which i read that this is now not permitted under regs , So can i trip the RCCB and unconnect the old box plus take out the storage heater fuse box which i no longer need as i have now got central heating and install a new consumer unit ie: http://tinyurl.com/okpr8 or is this one more suitable http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CMPS10slash80N.html
which i hope i can install a new circuit from one of the 32A fuseways to a 30-ma RCD leading on to a 1/2 way small comsumer unit to provide power to my shed outside and earthed using a earth core. Switch the RCCB to restore power and then contact a professional electrician to come round and wire the mains from my key meter straight into my new consumer unit taking out the RCCB ,Job done Am i right in thinking how this is to be done or have i missed anything any advise is welcome many thanks
--
razerindemix

razerindemix wrote:

I have no idea what they rule are where you are (UK) but I would suggest this may be an opportunity to replace the whole thing with a modern set of breakers.
Note: from what I have seen, fuses are still very common in the UK, unlike in the US, but I believe I have seen residential breaker systems available.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
razerindemix wrote: