Install location of steam humidifier

I have a top exhaust furnace with an evap coil installed. I'm going to install a Honeywell HE440 steam humidifier and have a few questions about the installation location. Any help would be appreciated.
- Please refer to the diagram below.
- Where would be the optimum location for install? I assume that the answer to this would be on the vertical rise after the evap coil using a duct extension and as shown in the following document:
http://electronicaircleaners.com/database/documents/honeywell_he480_product_data.pdf
- What if I do not have enough vertical run of the existing duct to add the duct extension? Then I must install the humidifier on one of the horizontal ducts coming after the vertical outlet. Is there an issue with this? Will the rooms in the house supplied by the duct in which the humidifier is installed be "wetter" than the rooms supplied by the other side of the horizontal duct? ...or will everything reach equilibrium at some point.
- If I where to add a duct extension on the vertical outlet, should some sort of deflector be installed in the duct to get the air to flow over the top of the humifier's tank? If so, how should the deflector be constructed and how should it be placed in the duct.
Dan
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://electronicaircleaners.com/database/documents/honeywell_he480_product_data.pdf
You really want to get it away from any working parts of the furnace. They have a reputation of adding a lot of dusty deposits on anything near or down stream from them.
Have you considered and weighted the problems related to this kind of unit?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit