Install Fan Remote Control

I tried to install a remote control on one of my ceiling fans. To my surprise, when I took the canopy off the entire fan fell down. The only thing holding the fan up were the electrical connections. Luckily I was holding the fan so it did not fall to the floor. I am used to having the ball at the top of the fan hooking into a bracket. That way you can drop the canopy and just wire in the remote receiver.

Since the fans were installed by the previous owner, I do not have the installation instructions. Anyone have any advice on how I can keep the fan from falling while I disconnect the wires to install the receiver. Am I missing an easy solution?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Jacobs

Get the proper bracket(s) and install them. Then do your wireing mods.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

I had the same problem when I installed my remote control. I had to have someone stand on the the backside of the ladder to hold the fan up. And then the remote just barely fit. It was not a pleasant experience, but it was two years ago and seems to have come out okay.

Reply to
Toller