install carpet or vinyl floor first?

I'm having carpet and vinyl floor installed by two different vendors. Which one should I have done first? Does it make a difference?
One consideration is that I have a fridge, washer, and dryer on top of the old vinyl floor, so they'll have to be moved during the installation. If I do the vinyl floor first, then the appliances can be put on the old carpet. But then I would have to wait 5 days for the floor to cure before moving the appliances back, which means I have to wait 5 days before installing the new carpet. If I do the carpet first, then I can have both installed on the same day because I can leave the appliances on the new carpet. The disadvantage is that I might get the new carpet dirty.
Any similar experiences out there? Thanks!
Dean wrote:

I don't recall having to wait 5 days. I do know the fridge was moved on a piece of masonite into the kitchen and then put back in place. You can buy a couple of 2 x 4 pices and move the appliance from one to the next and bring the empty one in front again.
getting them both installed the same day will be tough. Whee does the applaices sit whild the kitchen is being worked on? Unless the carpet guys are early.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Which
carpet.
the
new
same
install vinyl first otherwise they will get glue on your "new" carpet where the vinyl meets the carpet. why 5 days before placing appliances on the new floor?...........never heard of it. usually 48 hours is plenty of time for drying.