install asphalt under rain ?

Hi ! My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?
Thanks snipped-for-privacy@nicomusic.com

time. Well, not all the time, they do it on sunny days to, but rain does not seem to stop them.
snipped-for-privacy@nicomusic.com wrote:

Depends on the amount of rail, subsoil conditions (will there be standing water), distance from the plant (will the asphalt still be hot enough), when the rain starts, etc.
This from the Asphalt Institute: http://tinyurl.com/2tztuu

It said you could as long as the rain isn't too hard. Fortunately, around here we have very soft rain since the county installed an atmospheric water softener a few years back. ;-)
How can he PLAN to do that? Just wait until the rain stops.
--
Steve Barker