install a glass shelf on shower tile

I have a tile shower that I'd like to add a glass shelf to. (e.g.
http://www.organizes-it.com/images/glasshelfhook.jpg ). I'd like to do the install myself, though I'm very apprehensive about drilling or cutting holes into the tile for fear of doing irreversible damage.
I read in a magazine once that there is a type of caulking compound made for "gluing" fixtures to tile and I would rather give that method a try. (Sorry, don't recall the magazine I read this in.) Has anyone tried caulking compound to install a glass shelf on tile? If so, what were the results? The glue would have to have a strong bond in order to hold shampoo and soap bottles. Can anyone recommend a brand of caulking and website(s) that may be able to offer more details? I'd be happy to hear about any experiences you may have had. Thanks in advance Cheers!
they did this the other day on one of those hgtv shows ,they mentioned how yrs ago the shelfs where put up like the tile glued to the backerboard ,but they claim now most all tiled bath asser. are installed with silocone calk adhesive, I dont know if I beleave that most all are installed that way today.but I guess if you clean the area real good with denatured alcohol anf use a good 100% silocone like, GE II silocone for tub and bath you must have a pretty good chance of it staying up .I have been thinking of this becouse it was just this weekend the show was on ,and it surprised me. you may have to use some duct tape to hold it in place till it dries.if not it may move just enough to be crocked after woulds,and you would have to keep saying to your wife ,I dont know it was level when I put it up, maybe you touched it while it was drying.