INSTAHANG = JUNK!!!

The instahang is JUNK. It is cheaply made, and DOES NOT WORK!!!! It looks so easy on the commercial--but don't be fooled like I was. It is a worthless product, and you end up paying approx $14 for shipping/ handling, and then have to pay to have it shipped back to return it! Complete rip off!!!!
On 1/31/2012 9:46 AM, paula cherian wrote:

Thanks for the report. Most of these huckstered items are junk. When they hit the Dollar Store or $5 Store, you might get some value out of them.
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:56:55 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

I think I saw that commercial. Is that the thing that works like a staple gun and shoots what appears to be thumb tacks with extended heads into the wall? If it is, I noticed that on the commercial, they show a side view of the pin going into a plaster wall, and it isn't even long enough to go into the wood behind the plaster. Like I need a tool to push a thumbtack into sheetrock....
Just seeing the commercial made me say "what a frikkin joke"....
All this "as seen on tv" stuff is junk, but there is a sucker born every minute, and he shipping is normally nearly the same cost of the item. A year later you'll find the same stuff at Walmart for half the tv price, and no shipping, and it's STILL not worth the price....
On 1/31/12 7:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

But just in case you can't wait: http://www.asseenontv.com /
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:56:55 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

I always get a laugh out of commercials for things like this Instahang. They always show someone pounding in a nail to hang a picture and smashing the hammer thru the wall. How often does that really happen? I'd ay very seldom if at all. A person who knows how to use a hammer wont do it. Someone who dont know how to use one will be hammering really lightly because they fear smashing their fingers which are holding the nail (plus those people normally use these tiny "ladies hammers", which are nearly impossible to go thru sheetrock, unless they're fired from a cannon. It's just more commercial bullshit.....
However, if YOU ever smashed a hammer thru your wall while pounding in a small picture nail, it's time to confess!!! Lets hear it from you :)
On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 07:03:32 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy

You showed it alright..... LOL
I can relate to the frustration on those old laths. Been there. That's when I'd switch to using screws.