Insinkerator HOT-1 experience

I have a HOT-1 water dispenser that is 5 years old and failed when I removed it and inspected it I found that the copper tank had corroded through in about 5 years when I called insinkarator they told me that there was a 1 year warranty so I should buy a new one has anybosy else ween this I'd think a copper tank ( 3/4 Gal) would last a lot longet than 5 years Thanks BOB

Reply to
Boborann

The one in my house lasted about 12 years after I moved in. It probably depends on your water supply.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

A lot of things fail when they are removed or disassembled. It's generally best to leave things in place until there is a problem.

mm

Had the same happen ~5 years old - got a puddle on the kitchen floor and initially blamed it on the dog (accident). found out the copper tank was leaking (corroded), near the temp adjustment.

I went to an insinkerator supply site an purchased a new (plastic) tank (~$100). Only problem was that you could taste the plastic tank for several weeks - insinkerator told me to flush the tank several times a day.....eventually the taste went away. Insinkerator doesn't sell the "old" copper tanks any more. I guess they're susceptible to leaking after 5 years.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

I just saw that you have the one-piece HOT-1 - so I guess the tank is not replaceable - time to upgrade?

Reply to
Mike