Insinkerator 333

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.

To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?

Any other suggstions will be appreciated.

Reply to
pet

Got it! The nut turns CCW to loosen.

It just took a couple of hours of penetrating oil to get it motivated.

Reply to
pet

If you knew which way the grinding plate rotated when operating, it's a safe bet that the nut would come off by turning it in the opposite direction.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Where can you get spare parts for these units?

John Normile

Reply to
John Normile

Google for - insinkerator parts service Here's one:

willshak

It's an even better bet that the nut would come off by turning in the *same* direction. Think about how the arbor nut threads onto a portable circular saw, for example, or on a table saw or radial arm saw.

Reply to
Doug Miller