Insinkerator 333

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.
To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?
Any other suggstions will be appreciated.
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:34:24 -0500, pet wrote:

Got it! The nut turns CCW to loosen.
It just took a couple of hours of penetrating oil to get it motivated.
pet wrote:

If you knew which way the grinding plate rotated when operating, it's a safe bet that the nut would come off by turning it in the opposite direction.
Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

direction. Think about how the arbor nut threads onto a portable circular saw, for example, or on a table saw or radial arm saw.
Where can you get spare parts for these units?
John Normile

John Normile wrote:

Here's one: http://www.plumbingstore.com/insinkerator.html