inside insolation on wet wall?

i rent a basement in an old building (ca 150years) with no outside insolation. since the adjoint building has been torn down (with no further construction planned), the wall on this side of my building has become wet. the owner of the building is not going to install an outside isolation, is there any chance for me to install inside insolation and if so, what method should i preferably use? any help appreciated!

sabine

Reply to
sabine

If you are using this space as a living area then the landlord is the responsible party to affect repairs to said structure. Wet basement lead to mold and mildew along with bacteria that can lead to chronic lung problems. I beleive that even if the area in question is not used as a living space it is still subject to health regulations

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Not to mention- someone needs to educate the landlord- that now-exposed common wall is probably done with soft brick, and is less than weatherproof. Adding a layer of foam planks and some steel barn siding, with appropriate flashing at the roofline, probably wouldn't cost a hell of a lot, and would avoid a lot of future problems.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers