Inside corner wall crack repair

We had some foundation repairs done recently and our house foundation is solid for the time being.
A long crack formed down the corner of an inside wall when the foundation shifted. It's closed back up now that the foundation has been repaired. The crack started at the crown molding at the top of the wall to the shoe molding at the bottom, on an inside corner. We'd like to patch that up and repaint the room.
Do we need to completely remove the old drywall tape before patching it up and re-taping?

Logically, yes. If you need more information, download the 579 page 'Gypsum Construction Manual' by USG. Answers to more questions than you will ever ask in that tome.
Joe

If it's directly in the corner just run a bead of caulk and paint over it.

How about a photo? An overall shot (to give placement & perspective) and some closeups.
How wide is the crack? Did the tape pull free from one sheet or the other? Or did it simply rip is the corner.
If the tape (paper?) just ripped & still soundly adhered to the sheets..... I'd use a flexible caulk if the crack was 1/4" (that's probably a bit on the large size) or smaller.
cheers Bob
On 6/24/2011 12:09 PM, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

shifted. It's closed back up now that the foundation has been repaired. The crack started at the crown molding at the top of the wall to the shoe molding at the bottom, on an inside corner. We'd like to patch that up and repaint the room.

I'd caulk it with a paintable caulk, run my finger down it and be done.
--
Steve Barker