Inkjet printers

You're right, it's 91%

G. Morgan

Try the printer manual and test modes. By soaking it in alcohol, one thing you did was remove ALL lubridation from it, so it's past time to replace it!

Reply to
Twayne

A printshop for filling empty cartridges, told me they use "glasex", a spray for cleaning glass surfaces,mirrors, etc. A few millimeters in a saucer, and put the cartr. face down in it. Leave alone for an hour or so, or stop when you see ink starting to leak out in quantity. Wipe clean, and test.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

i sent the NAFTA agreement to one guy's fax in the middle of the night.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Steve Barker wrote in news:A- ydnS5nloRhe9nQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

My cousin works for a financial investment advisor. They are not allowed to email anything with private information on it, such as a client's SS number, contract number and so on.

RobertPatrick

How is faxing supposed to be safer?

Reply to
M.L.

Email is not secure and there are ways to intercept emails and scan them for

16 digit number series for credit card info, etc. Fax is a direct line between machines. Of course, the recipient has to be aware of an incoming fax and not leave it sitting on a machine in a public place.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If the sender and recipient used a secure method, it would be much more secure to send something digitally secured and signed including by email than by facsimile image.

I don't see anything at finra's site saying what they do and don't do about transmitting or receiving information securely.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Because 'that's the way they've always done it', and the new technology scares them.

Fret not- another few years, when they have back-doored their way into National ID Card, it will have PKI on it, and we will all be able to send and receive encrypted documents, just like the government does.

'Real-ID' drivers licenses, and now the 'voluntary' on-line ID Obama is proposing- soon somebody will say 'hey, wouldn't it be convenient if we put both of those on one card?' They couldn't sell the public on the feds issuing everyone ID cards, but piece by piece, they are getting the states and private industry to do it. Once the data is up in the cloud, it really doesn't matter who issued it, or what the sign on the door says.

Twenty years from now, everyone will have something that amounts to National ID (and probably a universal credit card, as well), and we will have paid to get it, and we won't think there is anything strange about it. I hate it, but I'm resigned to it. Such are the things I ponder as I wait in line behind 3 people in a row charging a cup of coffee.

Reply to
aemeijers

M.L. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't know. FINRA makes the rules.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Did not note any parts that were in need of "lubrication". My concern was mostly of alcohol removing something it ought not. Most solutions suggested water instead of alcohol. However, until posting, most suggestions, again, suggested using alcohol after trying distilled water.

Mostly soldered contacts, but even after soaking all seems well...

Reply to
ng_reader

I hope you remembered to invert the text color first! That's a good one though.

Reply to
G. Morgan

If the email is sent internally using only the company email server, it will never traverse the public Internet. Add some encryption, and that's much, much safer than a hard copy. You could beef it up more by requiring a smart-card or USB dongle with the decryption key, so the user is required to "know something" and "possess something" to be authenticated.

Maybe the SEC has guidelines for sending confidential communications.

Who knows where that piece of paper may end up if misplaced.

Reply to
G. Morgan

G. Morgan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

USPS Mail is often stolen.