inherited gold coins need new locks

my father-in-law left my wife over 6 dozen gold old gold coins St. Gaudens. also a big box silver ingots just keeping them now in casa, anywho what would be a good lockperson to contact or mayby install new entrylocks myself, we now haves kwikset they dint seem very strong we just dont know muches about these thngs, ples advice...
Kevin & Kristin Ramos 1290 Trombetta Street Santa Rosa, CA

What a TROLL;posting his ADDRESS after telling the world he has valuable,untraceable gold coins and silver ingots in his home.
Either that or he's trying to get *someone else's* house invaded by thieves.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

up the last comment. But you may be right. That would be a really dirty trick.

Gotta look at things from all angles. But that was an afterthought.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Kevin Ramos wrote:

You forgot to mention what time they leave for work...
LOL

Sounds like the guy who posted this BS is like the bottom of a bird cage - full of shit.

Tom wrote:

The posters profile isnt showing up for me
The name and address are correct .
Since this is a stupid stupid thing to do , or do to somebody else , I am gonna try sending this email to the Santa Rosa police department so they can maybe have a chat with the guy .
Keeping that much gold in the house is just an open invitation to thieves.

First rule of having a stash like that is don't tell anyone about it, even family or friends. If it is a secret, a steel box in the nastiest corner of the basement could be sufficent security. If this isn't a troll, and OP simply has to keep the stuff at home, I'd spring for a floor safe in the basement floor. But more realistically, I'd go with the largest safe deposit box at the local bank. The reduction in insurance rates would probably pay for the box.
aem sends...
Ya, he posted the exact same message in other newsgroups as well. He's either stupid, a troll, or he really hates Kevin and Kristin Ramos.

Posted through an anonymous remailer. Note: address was removed so as not to perpetuate more nonsense
Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kwikset sucks, plain and simple. some cheap Schlage locksets would be a dramatic improvement for not much $$$ if you are really nervous go for Medeco. If these are really valuable coins you may want to go for a security system; no lock is complete proof against break ins.
Also if you don't have dead bolts consider having some installed. you can get them keyed to match your lock sets.
good luck
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Kevin Ramos wrote:

Rent a safety deposit box at a bank. Cost is nominal, security far better than your home. Let all your friends know where you stashed the treasure and your home won't get torn up by bandidos looking for it. Good luck.
Joe