Infrared transmission

I've wall mounted my plasma TV and now I don't want to have a piece of furniture specifically to hold the 3 components that need to be near the TV.
I was thinking about cutting/building a cubby in the wall, but that's a pretty serious commitment.
Instead, I'd like to move the stuff into the room behind, and be able to use my remote to control the cable box and such. Thus, I need to transmit the IR through the wall. I don't really need the fancy ones that send the IR over RF. I really just need a small receiver that i can stick on the wall that has a short wire and a transmitter. Does anyone know where I could get that? Or have any other idea?
What you are looking for is an IR repeater. They are readily available. You may want to read and/or post questions on availability and brands on a forum on www.remotecentral.com.

Proch wrote:

Any of the numerous IR repeaters are what you want. However, make sure that the detector you choose has sufficient dynamic range for your situation. These work well in dark rooms, but not in well lit rooms, particularly if there is a lot of sunlight. The detector saturates on the ambient (sun) light and then fails to operate as advertised until the moon rises.