Information about AireServ heating/cooling?

I just wanted to know if anyone has had any negative (or positive) experiences with Aire Serv. The second part of my question is if anyone can tell me what the "automatic regulation" part of a heating system would be. THe repair man told me it was some kind of a computer part that is about $400 to replace. Apparently, I don't have a pilot light. I wanted to look this stuff up before committing to the company.