Infared Thermometer Use (kewl!)

Over at a friend's house, her car wasn't braking correctly.
One other fellow felt the hubs, the one was warm and the other cool. Suggested maybe it wasn't braking on one side. I had the idea to go grab the IR thermometer, which revealed one cold brake on the front, one cold brake on the back.
Now we know that it really was uneven braking.
Kewl!
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

So your $5,000 gadget confirmed what your hands already told you? :)
'So your $5,000 gadget confirmed what your hands already told you? :)'
Reply: They run approx. $99 and they are very useful instruments in many trades...especially automotive service.
I used one the other day when was microwaving some soup. Laser the bowl of soup to see if it was hot enough, or needed some more time in the mic.
Auto service -- find out if your alternator, brakes, etc. is running hot? Or if the AC is working. I did read the AC vent on my truck the day I got my IR thermometer.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

$5k? Less than $100 most anywhere. Greg

Can't remember the brand name, but saw one on Friday that was compact (almost like a keychane fob) and was $49. Ratio wasn't great, but it worked....

No one recognizes exaggeration any more? Or noticed the ;)

Yeah I saw it, but I wasn't sure if you were joking or temporarily insane! ;-) Greg

Most people don't think it is only temporary.

Sorry, Ed....
;-]