Indoor-Outdoor carpeting advice

Next step, as we repair, is to get some outdoor carpeting cover for the back porch and the sunroom. Could use some advice on brands of long lasting products. Specifics below:

- The sunroom is 11'x13' and should stay dry but we were thinking to hedge our bets. We've noticed some pretty nice looking berber-ish materials in the indoor-outdoor type. Any experience in how well they last? Was looking to a neutral brown/grey. Not sure if underpadding of some sort is recommended. It's going on a flat but not totally smoothe cement slab.

- Now the rest of the porch, it's a fully screened one. 13'x44' roughly (a cutout of 3'x4' near the screen door to the yard accomodates a laundry room so I often describe this as 13'x40'). Used to have a large green 'fake grass' exterior carpet on it and it lasted well. Gone when we came back, it wasnt truely 'failing' so much as damaged beyond repair due to poor treatment (cigarette butts etc). Same rough slab cement with a slight grade towards the screen door opposite the sunroom but lower than the sunroom by about 1 inch. Due to grading of the yard and screen windows vice real windows, this gets wet in heavy rain/hurricanes. Any better ideas or should we replace what worked well before with same product? Perhaps in a neutral brown though.... I'd rather go a little fancier than 'fake grass' but need something that can withstand getting soaked on a regular basis. (underpadding not recommended for this portion or it will just mold).

Reply to
cshenk

Well, no one answered. I guess no one uses this stuff.

So far, big box store things seem best. Toss up between Lowes and HomeDepot.

Reply to
cshenk