Indoor/ outdoor carpet for pool deck

Looking for ideas to install some carpet on an aluminum deck for our pool. The carpet we have has a slight rubber backing. Any ideas for cutting to fit? Getting under the lips? A good adhesive? Dealing with heat and water? Thanks all!
Ed Horrigan
Assuming its an outdoor rated carpet....
Heavy Scissors or razor knife to cut. Use large piece so no seams if possible Use a mechanical fastening method I would cut so carpet could go over metal edge, fold under to create finished edge./ use aluminum pop rivets and washers to attach.
See http://www.emhart.com/products/pop/aluminum.htm and http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infpop.shtm
YMMV

Adhesive? What will you do when the carpet wears out? Might be a bitch to remove it. Instead, how about stretching carpet tight and using stainless steel oval head self tapping screws with finishing washers to attach it to the vertical edges of the deck? Or, if you're concerned about the screws pulling out of the metal, maybe attach strips of cedar to the deck edges, and screw into the wood. Wrap the carpet under the wood strips and attach there, so there's not so much direct pull against the screws as people walk on the top.
Thanks all, great ideas.
Ed H