Indoor FM antenna

You can make one out of 300 ohm flat cable if you can find it. I have the instructions somewhere in the house. E mail me if you want them.(one page out of a book)

Mike

Reply to
ishmole

Thin wires, right? Attaches right to two screws on the radio?

Good, that's a 300ohm antenna. It might work fine. But it's in the wrong place. Those little devices that adapter CABLE (F connectors) to screw jacks for old TVs are tranformers called "Baluns". (Balance to UNbalanced line). They cost around $3.

Get 2.

Run about any antenna up high (attic, whatever). Attach it to a balun. Run a coax (tv cable) down to the radio, attach the other balun and into the radio. Basically, the coax it being a low noise extension cord for you.

Now, I'm not sure how to handle SHARING 1 antenna with multiple devices.

And yeah, I made sure to not buy a house with a HOA. Just seen too much insanity and selective enforcement with that. Like a 4 house little stub street where the 4 residents decided they had a great view of the fireworks and parked to block off the 30' long streetlet, setup street BBQ, coolers and tables and had a street party. HOA guy went NUTS. Threatened to call the police on my friend. Friend said, "Oh, just go over there and talk to that guy who's chatting with my mom; he's the chief."

Heh.

No, I maintain nice with my neighbors and we all get along pretty well so far. I'm putting up a 2M antenna off of a tree on my neighbor's property with his, well - if not blessing then agreement.

Reply to
chuck yerkes