Indoor air quality problems

That could help explain the monster truck in the driveway, and the foot prints in the butter dish?

.

Might be full of rednecks cooking meth in there too....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

VOC and CO are two totally different problems. Do we know what kind of VOC we are talking about? Formaledhyde? petroleum solvent vapours?

From household cleaners, plastics, shoes and leather goods, furniture, flooring, etc? What just changed in the house? New curtains? Painted a room? new furniture polish? a new candle or seasonal decoration? Something made in China?????

Reply to
clare

There are a lot of factors...but... That type of vent can cause positive pressure inside the house. That blows wet air out the cracks. In winter, moisture condenses inside the walls and can lead to nastiness growing there.

Seal up the house and crack one window. Incense stick will tell you which way the air is flowing. Very sensitive to outside wind...so pick a calm day.

I've found a heat recovery ventilator to be very helpful in reducing stuffiness inside the house. If you like to tinker, they're pretty easy to build. I have a tiny DIY one stuck thru insulation in a window and an electrostatic air filter on it.

mike