Indirect cove lighting

We are trying to find lighting for a cove in our living room. This room has a medium color stained wood ceiling that is vaulted. We like the light that Xenon lamps produce, but cannot find any systems that do not require bulky transformers. We do not have a place to put a transformer. So, we are looking for some lighting that is 1-dimable, 2-120v, and 3-sizable in length. The lighting will be placed between beams that have approx 3'-7" between them. Does anyone have any idea where we can find such a thing? We do have a product that we obtained at a local lighting distributor for over our kitchen cabinets that uses C7 lamps. They call is a bodde (sounds like bo-dee) strip. It looks like wiremold with 10 candelabra sockets in it. I can't find it online anywhere and they have jacked up the price since we bought it last. This would be a last resort.
Please let me know if this should be posted in another group.
Thanks Ken

Rope light?
On Feb 23, 12:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Rope lights would not be bright enough. The wood would 'eat up' the light. Thanks
Ken
(I just posted this over in sci.engr.lighting.)
To get the amount of light you'll need from standard incandescent is going to take a lot of power and many many bulbs that will need changing often. C7 lamps would be my last choice! I'd rather put a transformer in the cove.
My recommendation is a little on the pricey side: Dimmable fluorescent strips. The best dimming ballasts (IMHO) are Lutron HiLume and can be ordered as part of any kind of fixture you might want. There are also a good number of fixtures built to mount inside your cove. They have just the right reflectors and will minimise the shadows between lamps. For example: http://www.lamlighting.com/pdf/cove_pdf/HPD%20Brochure.pdf or http://www.birchwoodlighting.com/ashley.htm
Especially with a less than white ceiling, you need some serious lighting power. (Yes, they come in 3' lengths.) Knowing how much light is a detailed process, getting some skilled help is highly recommended!!
Richard Reid, LC Luminous Views