Independance Day

Page 1 of 3
To celebrate Independence Day, I'm going to a couple service calls, to pay my overwhelming debt. I'll drive my NYS inspected, EPA approved vehicle. Complying with the speed limits, and sobriety levels. I'll signal all my turns, and obey the traffic signs and signals. I started this morning with my medicine, purchased at government approved pharmacy, and meets FDA standards. I'll stop on the way to buy gasoline with mandated 10% ethanol, and hope it doesn't clog my EPA mandated catalytic converter. I'll remember to slow down and merge over, if I see any police with vehicles pulled over. And wear my NYS mandated seat belt. Cheerfully stop and chat with the police at the road side check points. Before I go, I ought to check and see if all my NYS mandated signal and headlight bulbs are working. I'll probably go to a government approved fireworks show, tonight, as personally owned fireworks are illegal. I'll be sure to be unarmed, as I don't have government permission to own a handgun. Will bring my government approved cell phone, which complies with FCC parts and regulations, in case I get mugged, and need to call for a government employed policeman with a gun, to deal with the criminal who is illegally carrying unlicensed handgun. Might buy some FDA approved groceries on the way home, using US government issued dollars and coins. We sure are blessed to live in a free nation.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You can always stay home, not driving on government supplied roads - which would be even less safe without government enforced safety rules, and suffer through any ailments , treating them with questionable remedies supplied by unqualified witch-doctors.When you did decide to drive your off-road vehicle the fuel (totally unregulated) may or may not be of sufficient quality to run the engine, and the un-regulated engine would puke out nasty stinky exhaust, causing you to cough your lungs out and go looking for the witch doctor again. Instead of being pulled over for a road check by a friendly police officer you would be pulled over by a highwayman and relieved of anything of value you may be carrying - and be shot by him if you attempted to resist using your unregulated gun, because he'll shoot first and ask questions later, assuming you would do the same if you had the chance. When you needed to use your unregulated cell phone to call the mobster you pay protection to, you would not be able to get through because someone was using the uncontrolled frequency to transmit some other signal, or interference from some other unregulated device was interfering. On the way home you would pick up food of indeterminate quality, possibly contaminated with toxins or disease because there is no inspection process, and no rules against selling deadfall animals for human consumption. And you would need to figure out some way to compensate the seller with some "currency" acceptable to the supplier and available to you - perhaps the comfort of your wife for the night.
You Damned well ARE blessed to live in a "free nation"
On 7/4/2014 10:58 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Ditto.
[...]
On Fri, 4 Jul 2014 15:16:24 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"

Or benefits from taxation or regulation.
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 16:02:55 -0400, Stormin Mormon

And you have a plan to do either better without government intervention??? Let's hear it Stormy!!!
Oh yes - without government intervention you'd have no military - so no veterans - and no borders to secure.
On 7/4/2014 4:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

There are a couple things, called profit motive, and free enterprise. Works better than government.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Profit motives will never, ever, provide veterans with health care, and for-profit armies are called totalitarianism.
But thank goodness we have an executive that's doing worlds better than his predecessor at securing the borders. The pro-totalitarians say otherwise, but we know that truth is not among their motives.
On 7/4/2014 5:23 PM, None wrote:

Do I get the impression you lean a bit left?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/4/2014 5:23 PM, None wrote:

Bet you love the unemployment numbers, too? http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts If you include the people who stopped looking for work, now over 20% unemployment in the US. About double what GWB left behind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Are those the phony numbers you were whining about?
On 7/4/2014 5:23 PM, None wrote:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/totalitarian
to·tal·i·tar·i·an [toh-tal-i-tair-ee-uhn] Show IPA adjective 1. of or pertaining to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life. 2. exercising control over the freedom, will, or thought of others; authoritarian; autocratic.
noun 3. an adherent of totalitarianism.
I'd think the Chicago Thug is more fits the def'n than the Northeast Texan.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Nice dogwhistle, Mr. Magic Underpants.
Profit motives will never, ever, provide veterans with health care, and for-profit armies are called totalitarianism.
--
Simply not true. One needs look no further than
Tri Care for retirees to see free enterprise always works better
On 7/5/2014 8:17 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:

On usenet, the dash, dash, space combination denotes "signature box to follow". On reply, some programs like this delete the signature box. So, BTJ typed text disappears.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, July 4, 2014 5:23:04 PM UTC-4, None wrote:

Why not? That's exactly how most of the healthcare system, including the VA, works right now. Or do you think the doctors work for free and the drugs are developed by non-profits?

Better check that definition again. One has nothing to do with the other.

I guess you don't pay attention to the news, or you'd know that's obviously BS too. We haven't had anything like what's going on with illegals showing up here since Jimmy Carter and the Marial Boatlift. That's not all that Obama and Jimmy have in common either......
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 17:15:37 -0400, Stormin Mormon

And how, pray tell would you have a country with borders to protect and an army to protect them, without SOME kind of government. The "profit motive" type gives you a dick-tater, and the competition between the wanna-bees makes the columbian drug cartels look like proper gentlemen.
Trust me, you DON'T want to go there!!!!!!
On Friday, July 4, 2014 6:57:01 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Perhaps you can explain how "profit motive" correlates with "dictator". Exactly the opposite is true. Freedom and free, profit driven economies go hand in hand.
and the competition

You're right, I don't want to go wherever you are, because there must be something in the water you're drinking that's made you loony. Good grief.
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 17:34:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Perhaps, but you.ve got your right ear burried in the ground, right up to your nose.
On 7/4/2014 6:58 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I live in a country and culture which used to have freedom, and a Constitution.
--
.
Christopher A. Young