Increasing washer spin speed

Many front-loaders spin at 1200rpm resulting in much drier clother. Can this be done on a older top-loader by changing the pulley size?
HL wrote:

No. The suspension system can't handle it and likely the motor will also be overloaded.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
No, Joe's right, the suspension can't handle it unless it's engineered to do so.
I well remember Frigidaire's '1010 speed' toploaders that spun at over 1000 rpm. They certainly did a great job of water extraction, but if they were on a wood floor, you wanted them bolted down really well.
We used one here in our old farmhouse in the late 70's, and after I bolted it to the floor, we had trouble keeping jars on the pantry shelves, LOL! Without the lag bolts, it'd end up a couple feet out into the room! They worked well on concrete, though.
With today's bigger capacities, it'd be even worse. The old 1010's (mine was a '68) were rated 12 lb dry. I can't imagine the stresses generated by 18-20 lbs (or overloaded to 30!) spinning on a horizontal axis at 1000 rpm.
Good question, though. Does make one think there oughta be a way...
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!) www.DavesRepair.com
John 3:3