Increasing shower water pressure

Hi, I am planning on installing a portable shower and the overhead water tank is just one foot above the shower head. I need to know how can I increase the water pressure at the shower end without the use of any pump. Could this be acheived by increasing the shower line piping dia ? Please see my diagram for referrance:

advise...............shall be very grateful to you.

Regards Rehan

Reply to
rayhaun

The only way to increase pressure is to lower the shower head or raise the tank considerably or add a pump. The pressure is what it is and increasing line size does nothing to pressure, but increases flow. You can pressurize the tank, but that is just an air pump instead of a water pump.

I forgot, you can increase the gravitational pull of the earth too.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks Edwin I really appreciate it, will do as advised.

Reply to
rayhaun75

Thanks Edwin, I really appreciate it, will do as advised.

Reply to
rayhaun

OT, but your mention of a portable shower reminds me of the coolest shower I ever used.

A friend bought small cottage by a creek with a very small bathroom and no shower. Water was supplied by a well and had decent pressure.

He added an outdoor shower next to the back door by building walls of lattice and planting some type of clinging vine around the base. For the first few years, privacy was provided by shower curtains inside the stall, but once the vines covered the lattice the curtains were removed. The user was hidden from view but still showering in the great outdoors.

The shower was cozy, but there was still room for 2.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

wrote

Hi Rehaun! Nice camp style there! It will work as you designed it well enough but to increase the water pressure you'll have to built the tank higher and will only get the best pressure when it's full.

Had a friend in my youth who's dad built a cabin and I'd go camping with their family sometimes when in college. He built something a bit like this. It was filled from a sluice bleed off from a small trickling waterfall that fed a creek or you could just pull up a bucket from the creek (little river, not but 4 feet wide) to fill the tank. When the tank was full, it fed the excess back to the creek.

Reply to
cshenk