Incinolet toilet

I'm thinking about one of these for a second bathroom in a "plumbing challenged" area.
http://www.incinolet.com /
Anyone have any experience with them? Or other suggestions to add a toilet without adding plumbing? (Aside from chamber pot, LOL!)
Thanks in advance, Jo Ann
I've never hear of his item, until I went to the ink you provided. All I can say is make sure your county(state?) code allows for this. I did a quick web search, and there are various mentions of these with state permits, etc And also, your home owners insurance covers if any thing goes wrong. The model I looked at on their web page only says it has a 1 year warranty.
Its really expensive, not including permits , etc. Why would you switch to this ? (curious)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

costly, adds little to homes value, may even decrease value at resale time, still need water and sewer for a hand sink, what of shower.
short warranty too........
I would never switch to this, but have a situation where a second toilet is needed (not a whole bathroom) and plumbing will be difficult and very expensive.
Jo Ann
webmz wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Some of our remote facilities used to have them. No one would use them more than once because they stunk so bad when in the cleaning mode. (Imagine the smell of fried poop!)
Bob

A friend had a similar gas fired one in a vacation trailer on his land. It worked. It has been some years, but I don't recall any odor from it, at least inside. Considering the cost, I'd certainly look for a way of plumbing a standard type of toilet, or one with an effluent pump if need be.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

When we were growing up we had a gas-fired toilet (instead of electric) at our camp. It was pretty much junk. It takes a lot of energy to boil away liquids, a real lot. And when burning 'solids' the smell was pretty bad - and the neighbors obviously didn't care for that. Then you have to clean the ash out of it and wash the bowl (gross). Lastly, with the gas-fired model anyway, the high heat combined with caustic substances corroded the firebox and created recurring maintenance problems.
I would rather have a chamber pot or even a composting toilet based on a five gallon bucket (do a web search) than an incinerator toilet. Best of all is a regular flush toilet, even if you have to retrofit the house to get it installed...
That's my 2 cents...
I had one of these up in Maine while I was waiting for my septic to be installed. They are a pain. They work pretty well with solid waste but liquid takes forever to evaporate. They use a lot of juice as well. It's my understanding that the gas-fired ones do work well. Frank

here's a couple of alternative ideas. Not your granny's pottty.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm/Maintaining-Your-RV/Sanitation/Toilets--Accessories/Thetford-Porta-Potti/prodID 67
http://bumperdumper.com/bumper2.htm
lee
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Look up composting toilets.
Mike

LOL. Never heard of these. What will they think of next?
I can imagine someone coming home half in the bag and throwing a load of laundy in.
Or visa-versa, do a ha-ha and toss a toilet seat on the washer.

Marge Simpson put all the toilet seats in the dishwasher to give them a good scrubbing before a dinner party.