Incandescent reprieve

Page 2 of 2

In particular, T12 . They are saying you have to change the ballast to use the other tubes. I guess that means just buying a whole new unit. I was buying them cheap too. I got 5 in the garage. I also have a small supply of black light tubes. I also read something about different length tubes that would not fit the old fixtures.
If you search for info, they were suppose to do this in 2010 .
Greg

Some of the figures don't make sense to me for efficiency. What I do know, T12's are much brighter now than 15 years ago. Even some of the 32 watters are brighter. When they were installing new tubes at work, the brightness increase was dramatic. Last batches bought at home depot, I looked for the most lumens. If it didn't specify, I didn't buy.
Greg