In what Newsgroup Can I ask this Question

I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?
I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the wood floor, I have an area rug.
The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.
I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
Kate

try putting a small blob of hot glue on the mats in the corners, let dry. Then flip them over and it should keeep them from sliding
On 3/24/2012 6:58 PM, ChairMan wrote:

This sounds like a good idea. My chair mats for my 2 computer chairs have teeth about an inch apart and I doubt if they reach the floor but I have wall to wall over the hardwood floor and just assume that. Dabs of hot melt all over the mat underside on the rug would probably act the same as teeth.
On 3/24/2012 5:44 PM, Kate wrote:

screw it down on two corners under the desk
--
Steve Barker

Is it sliding, or just moving a little each time you walk on, or use, the mat? If it is moving a little, it could be that the mat is "walking" on the carpet. "Walking" means the mat is following the direction of the nap (loops pointing in a certain direction) of the rug.
Hank <~~~~~ needs more info
On 3/24/2012 5:44 PM, Kate wrote:

Go to a hardware or carpet store and ask for carpet tape. Carpet tape is a double sided sticky tape designed to solve the problem of slippery rugs and carpet without damage to floor or rug/carpet. ^_^
TDD
not here. You should leave.
On 3/25/2012 4:41 PM, Earl wrote:

Um, exactly who are you responding to and for what purpose? o_O
TDD
Yes, try alt.hvac you wish to meet some of the finest usenet posters.
Have you tried pilot holing the chair mat, and anchor it with galvanized deck screws?

Just how much abuse can you take??? I hear that HVAC group will test you.