In need of a Small Exhaus

Greg:
G > We just had a desk built to house our home pc. The problem is that it seems G > to be getting hot inside the cabinet. There is a opening in the side next t
G > the leg space for the monitor cable and so forth. Does anyone know where I G > can lay my hands on a small wall mounted fan that I can place in that space
G > Something that can plug into an outlet. The opening probably isn't more tha
G > 8"x5"? Something very quiet would be nice. It would really be nice if it G > had a small sensor that kicks it on when the temperature inside the cabinet G > gets to a certain point.
As someone else suggested, Radio Shack sells 'muffin' fans. Not sure if they have a sound (dB) rating or not; if not I'd be inclined to go with one with a lower air movement (cfm) figure else you'll hear a lot of noise. You need a breeze, not a gale-force wind!
I would also mount the fan using rubber grommets in order to minimize noise/vibration transmission to the desk (panel acts as a soundboard).
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Haute Cuisine -- A Rum With A View: Bacardi and Visine.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Have you considered buying one or more of the larger PC case fans (at PC stores everywhere and on EBAY) wire it to the computer power supply and it/they will go off and on with the computer. DC operation and potential interference are an added bonus.
--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email

Cheaper possibly would be to visit surplus stores, they tend to have an asortment of fans.