In need of a Small Exhaus

Greg:

G > We just had a desk built to house our home pc. The problem is that it seems G > to be getting hot inside the cabinet. There is a opening in the side next t

G > the leg space for the monitor cable and so forth. Does anyone know where I G > can lay my hands on a small wall mounted fan that I can place in that space

G > Something that can plug into an outlet. The opening probably isn't more tha

G > 8"x5"? Something very quiet would be nice. It would really be nice if it G > had a small sensor that kicks it on when the temperature inside the cabinet G > gets to a certain point.

As someone else suggested, Radio Shack sells 'muffin' fans. Not sure if they have a sound (dB) rating or not; if not I'd be inclined to go with one with a lower air movement (cfm) figure else you'll hear a lot of noise. You need a breeze, not a gale-force wind!

I would also mount the fan using rubber grommets in order to minimize noise/vibration transmission to the desk (panel acts as a soundboard).

  • Haute Cuisine -- A Rum With A View: Bacardi and Visine.
Reply to
barry martin

Muffin fans at radio shack are silent. but they have cataloges can order everyting and can answer your question on db ratings. Call them

Reply to
mark Ransley

Heat sensors fail, Power on computer , power on auto fan..........

Reply to
mark Ransley

Have you considered buying one or more of the larger PC case fans (at PC stores everywhere and on EBAY) wire it to the computer power supply and it/they will go off and on with the computer. DC operation and potential interference are an added bonus.

Reply to
Colbyt

Cheaper possibly would be to visit surplus stores, they tend to have an asortment of fans.

Reply to
Gary Tait