In-line water filter

I have used this type of filter before and installed them. In the house we now have it would almost take a permit to move the stupid "counter" height fridge and no room on back for anything. The water supply hose has a lagre coil of poly line inside the fridge behind a plastic cover. Any reason I could not install an in-line filter on the inside ? It is same line that comes from tap coils about 20 ft. then goes to ice/water dispensed. The coil in NOT on the freezer side.. Thanks

No reason that I can think of not to do it other than space.
My fridge filter is almost a foot long and 3" in diameter.