In-line vs. off-line chemical feeders

I'm considering installing a chemical feeder, primarily to use when on vacation. I use tri-chlor, and I don't like the floaty things. Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of in-line vs. off-line installation. Offline sure looks easier to install in my case.
i tried both. saw a good deal on a offline on ebay. complete waste of money. patching a 3/8ish hose into your feed n return lines. special clamps, didnt seem to chlorinate at all. then this summer i went inline. set that badboy to 3 and never looked back. plugs right in. no drilling...etc