In Floor radiant Heat History

    Greetings and Salutations...     while there have been a number of posts discussing in-floor radiant heat, I would like to hear from folks out there that have had it in use for a few years. Good? Bad? Problems?     We will be building a house soon, and, I am looking at PEX in either concrete (my preference) or plywood (my housemate's preference). Going to be putting tile and hardwood over the floors, too...and yes I KNOW about the potential problems with hardwood.     In any case, What would be great is to hear from folks that have lived with the heating for 10+ years...     thanks     Dave Mundt

A good friend has radiant his home was rebuilt after a fire they went radiant.
He sys the only trouble is lack of air circulation, say after being in bedroom for hours.
you still need air circulation espically in a well insulated home
Many years ago, we rented a garden apartment with radiant floor heating. The cat loved it.... would stretch out with the tail of the cat aligned with the pipes...
professorpaul wrote:

We had an apartment with floor heating too. It was great, but on the coldest days the floor got hot enough to discourage bare feet. (We're talking -10F.)
--
Pork: It\'s the other white flag!
-- James Lileks

My cousin has had it for about 12 years...pex in the concrete. He loves it an wouldn't do anything but radiant again. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about a properly installed radiant heat system.
    Greetings and Salutations...     Thanks all for the feedback. It does reenforce my picture of reality (which is always nice).     As for the air circulation issue mentioned above...I certainly agree with that, and, my plan of attack is, indeed, to have some HVAC ducting installed through the house, so I can keep air circulating (and fresh air pulled into the house through a heat exchanger), do something to keep some of the usual dust and cat hair filtered out of the air, and, do humidity control. I am installing a geothermal loop, too, and, will be using that as the heat source/cooling sink for the HVAC unit.     Thanks again!     Dave Mundt