In case you missed it: Duct Tape Festival

"Many are calling it the stickiest situation of the year -- when duct tape enthusiasts roll out their creations featuring funky fashions, silly sculptures and gigantic parade floats all made out of duct tape.
"Now in its third year, the Duck Tape Festival celebrates dads and their most frequently used tool! Everyone's favorite fix-all with a million and one uses will be the center of attention during Fathers Day weekend in Avon, Ohio proclaimed Duct Tape Capital of the World and home of Duck brand duct tape..."
[I particularly liked the "Duct Tape Bikini Competition" photos]
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=local&idB81539
(just kidding about the bikini stuff)
HeyBub wrote:

The link on that page:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/www.avonducttapefestival.com
seems to be dead.
My favorite duct tape shot is this one:
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/duct_tape.jpg
Hopefully this thread won't deteriorate into a hassle over what's the difference between the names "duct tape", "duc tape" and "duck tape"...<G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

http://www.avonducttapefestival.com

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=local&idB81539
... and folks...
* * * IT IS CALLED >>> DUCK TAPE <<< !!!!! * * *
Goddam it!
: )
I thought duck tape was what you used if you found that your duck was quacked.
Noozer wrote:

ACTUALLY, DUCK tape is a brand name of Duct tape.
--
Steve Barker

"Noozer" < snipped-for-privacy@me.here> wrote in message
-snip-

1. She already has her own roll of duct tape. 2. She knows how important it is.
Jim
I don't "get" duct tape. I've never found a use for it. You can't seal ducts with it.
If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

AFAIK, the correct tape for HVAC ductwork is a metal foil/adhesive type.
Can someone confirm that?
And, how does "gaffer's tape" differ from the ubiquitous Duck tape we find in stores?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)